You can join the clubs if:
- you have a diagnosis of dementia
- you’re not violent or aggressive towards others
- your behaviour doesn’t interfere with the enjoyment of the other members
- you do not have severe physical disabilities where transferring from wheelchair requires two helpers
Our application process is:
- Initial application/contact made
- Complete a short basic form to enable attending a taster session
- Attend one or more taster sessions
- You and the club organiser will then decide whether Kennington Memory Club is right for you
- Complete a full application form
When you join the club you will be asked to set up a standing order to pay fees four weekly in advance.
In cases of financial difficulty we can refer you to Age UK who may be able to help with sources of funding.
Leaving the Club
If you wish to leave the club once you have joined, one month’s notice will usually be required, at the discretion of the supervisor.
We ask all our members attend one of more taster sessions to see if the club is right for you.
Taster forms will be supplied by the organiser on club days (Mondays or Thursdays). Please contact us to find out more or arrange a time to come and take a look.
If you’d just like to find out more about the club please do contact us using the details found by clicking here.