You can join the clubs if:
- You have a diagnosis of Dementia or Alzheimer’s. We welcome people with different types and degrees of dementia
- We welcome people with physical disabilities.
- Membership is not restricted to people living in a particular area (though you have to be able to get here).
Our application process is:
- Please make contact with our club Organiser by telephoning her on 07852883496. (If you get the answerphone, please leave a message and she will phone you back). She will answer your questions and ask you for a few details.
- You can then come for one or more free taster sessions.
- After that, you, the club Organiser and your carer can decide whether Kennington Memory Club seems right for you.
- If you decide to go ahead, you can fill in a full application form which will ask for more information to help us understand more about your needs and interests.
- You can then start coming to the club every week if there is a vacancy.
When you join the club you will be asked to set up a standing order to pay fees four weekly in advance. For the first few weeks, before the standing order takes effect, payment is by card, in advance. (We have a card reader).
In cases of financial difficulty we can refer you to Age UK who may be able to help with sources of funding.
Leaving the Club
If you wish to leave the club once you have joined, one month’s notice will usually be required, at the discretion of the supervisor.
We ask you to attend one or more taster sessions to see if the club is what you need. Please contact the Organiser to arrange this.
We regret that casual, ‘drop-in’ visits to ‘take a look’ at the club are not possible because of anti-Covid restriction measures.
Please contact us to find out more.
Welcome from our chair and club organiser
KMC Welcome to the Club letter 2023
Welcome Letter with details of how you could help
If you’d just like to find out more about the club please do contact us using the details found by clicking here.