Fun, laughter, activities, reminiscences and caring support!
Welcome to Kennington Memory Club, Oxford, a Day Support Centre opened in 2018 for people living with Dementia. Located in Kennington, a village between Oxford and Abingdon, it serves an area of Oxfordshire that includes Abingdon and surrounding villages, as well as those to the South and West of Oxford.
Kennington Memory Club is a registered charity (no. 1179830).
Our aims are:
- To provide safe and supportive day care for people with dementia.
- To allow individual strengths and abilities to flourish.
- To provide members with the opportunity to exchange memories and opinions.
- To provide members with the opportunity to take part in stimulating activities tailored to their needs and wishes.
- To enable members to enjoy the fellowship of shared meals
- To give their families respite and the offer of support and advice . We run a monthly Carers’ Support Group, alternating between Mondays and Thursdays for our careers. Please click here to find out more about the group.
On Mondays and Thursdays currently from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm
in Kennington Methodist Church
Upper Road, Kennington, Oxford OX1 5LR
A two-course hot meal is available, with an alternative if preferred, at a very reasonable cost.
Free tea and coffee are served on arrival and in the afternoon.
Our Club Sessions
Ours is a small club with a welcoming, family atmosphere.
Our club sessions will run with up to 12 members. With this number it is possible to plan a programme of activities to suit the members present on the day. Also, crucially, with three skilled members of staff and volunteers, the individual attention and support which is so important for people with dementia can be provided and this enables them to be actively involved.
At lunchtime, our members, and staff eat together, and everyone can join in the conversation.
Our hope is to promote a cheerful, relaxed atmosphere so that members enjoy their day and
go home happy, having given carers a few hours respite.
If you would like to see our Risk Assessment please click here
£25 per day, payable by standing order. Subject to occasional review.
Financial help may be available
Please click here to view a copy of our latest newsletter
For further details please click the headings at the top of the page.
Last updated: 25th October 2023