Club Sessions restart in a COVID safe way on May 10th 2021
Welcome to Kennington Memory Club, Oxford, a Day Care Centre opened in 2018 for people living with Dementia. Located in Kennington, a village between Oxford and Abingdon, it serves an area of Oxfordshire that includes Abingdon and surrounding villages, as well as those to the South and West of Oxford.
Kennington Memory Club is a registered charity (no. 1179830).
Our aims are:
- To provide safe and supportive day care for people with dementia.
- To allow individual strengths and abilities to flourish.
- To provide members with the opportunity to exchange memories and opinions.
- To provide members with the opportunity to take part in stimulating activities tailored to their needs and wishes.
- To enable members to enjoy the fellowship of shared meals.
- To give their families respite and the offer of support and advice . We regret that, until the current covid restrictions are lifted, the carers’ group will not be able to meet at the club.
On Mondays and Thursdays from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
in Kennington Methodist Church
Upper Road, Kennington, Oxford OX1 5LR
A choice of hot meals is available. Individual dietary requirements are catered for, alternatively members have the option of bringing their own meals if they prefer.
Coffee, tea and biscuits are served both in the morning and afternoon.
Our Club Sessions
Ours is a small club with a welcoming, family atmosphere.
Our club sessions will run with a reduced number of members, so it is easier for newcomers to get to know each other and feel secure. It is also easier with a small group to plan a programme of activities which will suit the members present on the day, and crucially, with three skilled members of staff, it is possible to provide the individual attention and support which is so important for people with dementia, and which enables them to become actively involved.
At lunchtime, our members, and staff eat together, and everyone can join in the conversation.
Our hope is to promote a happy, relaxed atmosphere so that members enjoy their day and go home happy.
If you would like to see our Risk Assessment, including our COVID precautions, please click here
£20 per day. Free tea and coffee is provided on arrival, after lunch and in the afternoon.
For further details please click the headings at the top of the page